C.J. Spotswood on Microdosing: Everything You Need to Know | Episode 73, The Psychedelic Entrepreneur Podcast
C.J. Spotswood, MSN, APRN, PMHNP-BC aka “EntheoNurse” is a board-certified psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner with a practice in central Maine. C.J. is a 3rd generation male nurse and has over 20 years of psychiatric nursing experience. C.J. recently graduated from the University of Southern Maine completing his Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. C.J.’s undergraduate nursing degree (BSN) was from the University of Maine at Augusta, one of 15 nursing schools endorsed as a holistic school of nursing. This curriculum included yoga, Reiki, and various other complementary and alternative modalities. C.J. is currently enrolled at the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) for their Psychedelic-Assisted Therapies and Research certificate program (Boston cohort).
C.J. has been researching and teaching on psychedelics since 2018, which includes having presented at the American Psychiatric Nurse Association’s National Conference on psychedelics in psychiatry (twice), an educator for Psychedelics Today, and co-authored Psychedelic. Supports continuing education module on psilocybin, and is a past presenter at the Mt. Tam’s Psilocybin Summit.
C.J. is the author of “The Microdosing Guidebook: A Step-by-Step Manual to Improve Your Physical and Mental Health through Psychedelic Medicine” which is available through Ulysses Press. C.J. is a member of OPENurss (Organization of Psychedelic and Entheogenic Nurses), the Psychedelic Medicine Association, and the American Psychiatric Nurse Association. When he is not working, reading, or writing, he can be found spending time with his wife Magen and his daughter Malarie exploring Maine’s outdoors and craft breweries.
In this episode, C.J. Spotswood and Beth Weinstein discuss…
- How C.J’s experience as a psychiatric nurse receiving people in the midst of difficult psychedelic experiences for emergency care inspired his commitment to psychedelic safety
- The embodied empathy psychedelic experiences can give you
- The critical importance of being aware of drug-on-drug interactions when using psychedelics
- The potential microdosing has to transform our world
- How as a psychiatric nurse practitioner C.J. tries to help his patients understand that medication is no substitute for lifestyle changes
- What “consumption” really means and how we need to be aware of everything we take into our systems, not only food
- How it not always necessary to only follow a strict microdosing protocol – intuition can also guide us as we gain more experience
- Microdosing for healing physical ailments
- The lack of microdosing research
- LSD for pain management
- Cautions about the growing popularity of microdosing coaching
- “Discontinuation syndromes” that can happen when people stop their meds without the proper guidance
- The impact a specific strain of psilocybin may have on the effect of microdosing
- Issues that can arise when natural medicines are synthesized
- Declines in global mental health
- C. J.’s mission to raise awareness about microdosing among medical providers
C.J. Spotswood’s Links & Resources
Website ▶: https://entheonurse.com/
Facebook ▶: https://www.facebook.com/EntheoNurse/
Instagram ▶: https://www.instagram.com/entheonurse/?hl=en
Twitter ▶: https://mobile.twitter.com/entheonurse
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review HERE! My mission is to help as many people as possible to Share Their Unique Medicine, and when you leave a positive review, more people can find and learn from this podcast! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews”, then “Write a Review” and share what you liked. Thank you!