Ethics, Community & Responsibility through Psychedelic Support with Allison Feduccia: Episode 31, The Psychedelic Entrepreneur Podcast
Allison Feduccia, PhD is a neuropharmacologist, psychedelic researcher, and a builder of virtual and in-person communities. She is the Co-Founder of Psychedelic Support and Project New Day. In these roles, Allison facilitates the spreading of evidence-based knowledge, connection to resources, and strategies for individuals to maximize the potential therapeutic benefits of psychedelics through safe and responsible practices. Prior to this, she worked on studies researching psychedelics and treatments for mental health conditions at universities, NIH, and MAPS.
In this episode, Beth and Allison discuss …
- The risks of using psychedelics without support
- Allison’s project, Psychedelic Support, a resource that provides listings of licensed health professionals and peer support groups
- The importance of psychedelic education and the many online courses Psychedelic Support offers
- Why it can be helpful to understand the basic neuroscience of how different psychedelics work in the brain
- What harm reduction looks like in the context of psychedelic use
Coaching and questions of licensure in the psychedelic space
- Making sure psychedelic facilitators are well trained and supervised
- The power of peer support
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review HERE! My mission is to help as many people as possible to Share Their Unique Medicine, and when you leave a positive review, more people can find and learn from this podcast! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews”, then “Write a Review” and share what you liked. Thank you!