Dr. Dan Engle on MDMA, Ketamine & A Healing Center for Transformational Medicine: Episode 33, The Psychedelic Entrepreneur Podcast
Dan Engle, MD, is a psychiatrist with a clinical practice that combines aspects of regenerative medicine, psychedelic research, integrative spirituality, and peak performance. His medical degree is from the University of Texas at San Antonio. His psychiatry residency degree is from the University of Colorado Denver, and his child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship degree is from Oregon Health & Science University.
Dr. Engle is an international consultant to several global healing centers facilitating the use of long-standing indigenous plant medicines for healing and awakening. He is the Founder and Medical Director of the Kuya Institute for Transformational Medicine in Austin, Texas, Full Spectrum Medicine, a psychedelic integration and educational platform, and Thank You Life, a non-profit funding stream supporting access to psychedelic therapies.
In this episode, Beth and Dr. Dan discuss…
- Learning from the natural world about how to create a medical system that is in harmony with the greater landscape of our culture
- Transformational medicine as the blending of ‘hardware’ and ‘software’ technologies
- The need for the medical model to change so that we are not using the current pharmaceutical framework that intentionally seeks to mask pain
- How taking away pain is taking away an evolutionarily adaptive process designed to show us something’s out of balance and needs attention
- Psychedelic medicine as a divine intervention to help humanity become more whole
- Healing in community
- Financial accessibility for psychedelic therapy
- The benefit of psychedelic investors having their own psychedelic experiences so they have direct knowledge of what they are funding and wield their influence with maximum integrity
- The collective “hero’s journey” we’re all living now Issues of ecological sustainability and cultural reciprocity with traditional plant medicines
Links & Resources
Free Gift: drdanengle.info/BethWeinstein
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review HERE! My mission is to help as many people as possible to Share Their Unique Medicine, and when you leave a positive review, more people can find and learn from this podcast! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews”, then “Write a Review” and share what you liked. Thank you!