Ronan Levy: Psychedelic Medicine: A Field Trip, Episode 69, The Psychedelic Entrepreneur Podcast
Believing that you should never hesitate to trade your cow for a handful of magic beans, Ronan has built a career out of doing things that others say cannot be done. Ronan started his career as a securities lawyer at Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP but left that after realizing he was much too creative for the profession of law. Since then, Ronan has helped launch businesses across a number of industries from gold, to cannabis, and, most recently, in psychedelics where he is a Co-founder and the Executive Chairman of Field Trip Health Ltd. (NASDAQ: FTRP, TSX: FTRP), a global leader in the development and delivery of psychedelic therapies. When not being thoroughly incorrigible, Ronan lives in Toronto with his wife and two children.
In this episode, Ronan Levy and Beth Weinstein discuss…
- The gray zone between perception and reality when it comes to opportunity in business
- The embodied empathy psychedelic experiences can give you
- “Ordinary Trip”, Ronan’s documentary film currently in production
- Field Trip’s drug development division which is researching and developing new molecules
- Field Trip’s at-home ketamine offering
- Is ketamine the next prozac?
- Intent, insight and integration as the core components of therapeutic psychedelic use
- How psychedelic therapies could become a part of a healthier lifestyle
- How anxiety and depression tend to creep back in several months after a series of ketamine treatments
- Field Trip’s “Trip” app
- The future of accessibility of psychedelic treatments given the current high expense
- How a regulated environment minimizes risk but increases the cost
- Field Trip’s intention to be “molecule agnostic” as legalization expands
- 4HODIPT, a shorter-acting psychedelic that has similarities to psilocybin
- Challenges that publicly traded psychedelic companies face
- The future of the legal psychedelic industry
Ronan Levy’s & Field Trip Health Links & Resources
- Website ▶: https://www.fieldtriphealth.com/
- Twitter ▶: https://twitter.com/RonanDLevy
- Twitter ▶: https://twitter.com/fieldtriphealth
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review HERE! My mission is to help as many people as possible to Share Their Unique Medicine, and when you leave a positive review, more people can find and learn from this podcast! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews”, then “Write a Review” and share what you liked. Thank you!