East Forest: Psychedelics Now & Then (Live from Psychedelic Science ’23), Episode 118, The Psychedelic Entrepreneur Podcast
Tune into this special and fun episode live from the halls of the Psychedelic Science Conference in Denver where old buddies Beth and Trevor, aka East Forest, reminisce about where we started and where we’ve come in the psychedelic “industry”, as well as music for psychedelic journeys and therapy, and a guest pop-in from renowned psychedelic researcher and pioneer, Robin Carhart-Harris,
East Forest is a multidisciplinary artist, producer, and ceremony guide. His work explores living authentically within a modern context through an introspective methodology that weaves together elements of electro-acoustic live music, nature, technology, brain science, and guided meditation. His “ceremony-concerts” utilize a skilled instrumental repertoire to create space for an emotive inner journey. “Music For The Deck of The Titanic” is the latest chapter in his ever-evolving career, which includes over 30 albums, including 2019’s album-length collaboration with spiritual pioneer Ram Dass, the five-hour-long psilocybin soundtrack “Music For Mushrooms: A Soundtrack For the Psychedelic Practitioner”, and collaborations with artists Jon Hopkins, Typhoon, Laraaji, Dead Prez, Nick Mulvey, Peter Broderick, DJ ANNA and more.
As a trailblazer in the global movement of meditation and inner resilience, he offers guided meditations, retreats, a weekly podcast (Ten Laws w/East Forest), and talks that guide students through a brain-body approach aimed towards non-religious and grounded spirituality; he is a faculty member at the Esalen Institute and has worked with Google and Johns Hopkins neuroaesthetics project, UCSF, Wavepaths, Consciousness Hacking, TED, Numinus, is the co-founder of JourneySpace.com, and more.
- The need for live music and experiences in our technology-driven society
- East Forest’s passion for creating spaces of authentic human interaction and connection
- Insights into East Forest’s unique music style, designed not just for entertainment, but to tap into deep emotions and encourage introspection
- Observations made during the Psychedelic Science ‘23 conference on the growing acceptance of psychedelics in mainstream society
- The significant role music plays in psychedelic journeys and psychedelic therapy
- The challenges of supporting long-form music in an era dominated by song-based albums and playlists
- Potential impacts of AI-generated music and its implications for psychedelic therapy and music industry
- East Forest’s mixed feelings about AI in music – creative possibilities and concerns over the loss of the human ‘touch’
- How AI-generated music can respond to biometrics to create a more personalized and immersive experiences
- East Forest’s upcoming projects: the “Music for Mushrooms” documentary and the “Music for the Deck of the Titanic” studio record, both of which reflect on the state of our world
- Hear a surprise guest hello from renowned psychedelic researcher and pioneer, Robin Carhart-Harris,
East Forest’s Links & Resources
▶ East Forest’s website: http://EastForest.org
▶ East Forest’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/eastforest/
▶ East Forest’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EastForestMusic/
▶ East Forest’s YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/eastforestmusic
▶ East Forest’s Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/0okmfBroVgFuvvljnUbqPW
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review HERE! My mission is to help as many people as possible to Share Their Unique Medicine, and when you leave a positive review, more people can find and learn from this podcast! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews”, then “Write a Review” and share what you liked. Thank you!