Joël Brierre: 5-MeO-DMT, Bufo Alvarius “Toad Medicine” and Integration: Episode 50, The Psychedelic Entrepreneur Podcast
Joël Brierre is the Founder and CEO of the psychedelic wellness companies Kaivalya Kollectiv and Tandava Retreats. Joël has been a pioneer in the modern psychedelic movement, specifically in the realm of 5-MeO-DMT and the Bufo Alvarius toad. His unique approach of applying classical non-dual yogic philosophy as geography for both preparation and integration from the entheogenic experience gained attention around the world at the first WBAC (World Bufo Alvarius Congress) and continues to shift the landscape of psychedelic use.
Joël works specifically in the retreat setting and with over a decade of experience, has curated a container that is meant to facilitate lasting change. Drawing from a combination of eastern, as well as neurofeedback, and other contemporary western integrative practices, these retreats give participants a space to safely unfold, address trauma, undergo cathartic release, and have the support system to hold them through the whole process. With a heavy focus on integration and aftercare, participants are able to create lasting change and find deeper states of peace than they thought conceivable.
Joël and his team at Tandava are raising the bar for psychedelic and wellness retreats, with a flagship center in Tepoztlan, Mexico, a larger center opening Q2 of 2022 in Costa Rica, and group retreats in Jamaica. Retreats are led by top notch teachers and facilitators with extensive experience. Safety is the number one priority, followed closely by a warm and welcoming container that is both nurturing and expansive.
In this episode, Joël Brierre and Beth Weinstein speak about…
- How through his intensive study of yoga Joël recognized the same non-dual state that can be catalyzed by a “full release” experience of 5-MeO-DMT
- The ineffability of the 5-MeO-DMT Bufo “Toad” experience and how it can only be accessed with the dissolution of your brain’s Default Mode Network
- The need for a willingness to surrender and the experience of “dying before you die”
- The powerful opportunity you have to observe your patterns as your mind comes back online after a 5-MeO-DMT experience
- Using the model of the “Hero’s Journey” as a framework for integration of 5-MeO-DMT
- The need to have the right screening and supports in place when taking on cases of treatment resistant depression, trauma, and other states of suffering
- The educational platform Joël and his partner, Victoria, are developing (“The Five”) as a resource for both participants and practitioners
- The fact that there is no indigenous lineage for this medicine and how this is inspiring facilitators to put dogma aside and focus more unique journey of each client
- The 5-MeO-DMT practitioner training and practitioner refinement courses that will be released soon
- How 5-MeO-DMT requires a more intensive integration process than any other psychedelic medicine
- The robust preparation and integration process that Tandava offers remotely before and after their live retreats
- Using neurofeedback as part of the aftercare process
- The Western tendency to chase peak states and the importance of truly integrating 5-MeO-DMT and Toad Medicine experiences rather than impulsively using the medicine repeatedly
- Why this medicine is becoming so popular at this particular time in history
Joël Brierre’s Links & Resources
Tandava Retreats ▶ https://tandavaretreats.com
Kaivalya Kollectiv ▶ https://kaivalyakollectiv.com
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review HERE! My mission is to help as many people as possible to Share Their Unique Medicine, and when you leave a positive review, more people can find and learn from this podcast! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews”, then “Write a Review” and share what you liked. Thank you!