Hamilton Souther: Ayahuasca: Training to be of Service to the Medicine, Episode 107, The Psychedelic Entrepreneur Podcast
In 2002 at the age of 23, after graduating university in Anthropology, Hamilton opened Blue Morpho, the first healing center in the Peruvian Amazon focusing on Amazonian natural medicine and the sustainable use of Amazonian Visionary Medicines. He is one of the first Westerners to be accepted into an Amazonian Traditional Plant Medicine Lineage and the first person in this field to be globally covered by western media including National Geographic Adventure, The New York Times, Oprah Magazine and Time. Blue Morpho has hosted thousands of plant medicine and psychedelic ceremonies with thousands of people from around the world.
In this episode, Hamilton Souther and Beth Weinstein discuss…
- Hamilton’s visions in his first ceremony that called him to study ayahuasca in the Amazon
- The material realities of building a retreat center in the jungle
- Dedication to healing and the medicine as a lifelong path
- How plant medicines are now being used to optimize, not only to treat illness and trauma
- The need for integration after ceremony, which is just the beginning of a long journey
- You receive the benefits of ayahuasca by making changes in your life after ceremony
- The misunderstanding that the plants are here to be in service to you when they are in fact autonomous beings
- Realizing that the problems you have in your life are interwoven with how you live
- Should Westerners be serving traditional plant medicines?
- How to know if you are skilled enough to serve plant medicine
- Blue Morpho’s ayahuasca facilitation training program, The Blue Morpho Academy
- The implications of taking plant medicines out of their natural form and synthesizing new compounds
- The properties and effects of angel/trumpet vine, a plant medicine similar to datura that is extremely dangerous
Hamilton Souther’s Links & Resources
Website ▶ : https://bluemorphotours.com/
Instagram ▶ : https://www.instagram.com/bluemorphoretreats/
Facebook ▶ : https://www.facebook.com/BlueMorphoRetreats/
Youtube ▶ : https://www.youtube.com/@BlueMorphoTours/featured
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review HERE! My mission is to help as many people as possible to Share Their Unique Medicine, and when you leave a positive review, more people can find and learn from this podcast! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews”, then “Write a Review” and share what you liked. Thank you!