Jahan Khamsehzadeh, Ph.D.: The Psilocybin Connection & Transforming Consciousness: Episode 55, The Psychedelic Entrepreneur Podcast
Jahan Khamsehzadeh, Ph.D. completed his dissertation on psychedelics in the Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness program at the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco. His book, The Psilocybin Connection: Psychedelics, the Transformation of Consciousness, and Evolution of the Planet—An Integral Approach, is being published by North Atlantic Books and distributed Spring 2022 by Penguin Random House.
He earned his Masters in Consciousness and Transformative Studies from John F. Kennedy University, and his Bachelors from the University of Arizona with a major in Philosophy and minors in Physics, Psychology, and Mathematics. Aside from academic work, he has undergone several major trainings, including graduating from the Hakomi somatic-psychotherapy program and training within the Mazatec mushroom tradition. He assisted the Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy Certificate training at CIIS for two years, and mentored at the newly emerging School of Consciousness Medicine.
He works as a facilitator for legal psilocybin mushrooms ceremonies in Jamaica with Atman Retreats, one of the few opportunities offered worldwide where people can legally experience psilocybin. Jahan is on the PsiloHealth integration team. He also leads a monthly group called “Developing a Relationship with Sacred Mushrooms” with the San Francisco Psychedelic Society.
In this episode, Jahan Khamsehzadeh, Ph.D. and Beth Weinstein speak about…
- Jahan’s life-changing, psilocybin-assisted experience of oneness at age 18, after which spirituality became the focus of his life
- Jahan’s journey studying neuroscience, physics, mathematics, psychology and mysticism, finally culminating in a PHD in Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness
- How psychedelic medicines have been a part of almost every culture’s history
- Jahan’s new book and his sense that it was something he was born to write
- How the crisis we are facing as a culture is a crisis of separation
- The ways that feeling a deeper sense of connection can be profoundly healing
- How it is very common for psychedelic experiences to give us sense of ecological oneness
- How psychedelics grow in almost all ecosystems to help create a state of equilibrium
- Decriminalization – cognitive liberty and combatting fear of psychedelics with education
- Jahan’s observation serving psilocybin legally in Jamaica that the majority of clients are coming with anxiety and depression
- Miraculous” psilocybin-assisted healings of treatment resistant depression that Jahan has witnessed
- Depression as a response to feeling shame and insufficiency and how psilocybin can help us come into contact with who we really are
- A scientific explanation of how psilocybin creates a highly neuroplastic, hyper-connected brain state
- Integration as a process of coming into more harmony with what you have experienced in a psychedelic journey in your daily life
- The “homework” psychedelics give us and how doing it is a central aspect of integration
- How it is often stated that “psychedelics aren’t for everybody” – but perhaps it’s more a question of the right timing and container?
- Jahan’s hope for the future of psychedelics and the transformation of our society and planet
Jahan Khamsehzadeh’s Links & Resources
- Website ▶: www.PsychedelicEvolution.org
- Instagram ▶: https://www.instagram.com/Jahan_Khamsehzadeh/
- Facebook ▶: https://www.facebook.com/jahan101
- Book ▶: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/690773/the-psilocybin-connection-by-jahan-khamsehzadeh/
- Book ▶: The Psilocybin Connection: Psychedelics, the Transformation of Consciousness, and Evolution on the Planet — An Integral Approach – https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jahan-Khamsehzadeh/dp/1623176549
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review HERE! My mission is to help as many people as possible to Share Their Unique Medicine, and when you leave a positive review, more people can find and learn from this podcast! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews”, then “Write a Review” and share what you liked. Thank you!