Shiri Malcolm Godasi on Psychedelic Integration as Social Activism: Episode 04, The Psychedelic Entrepreneur Podcast
Shiri is a pioneering psychedelic-positive creatrix, coach, visionary entrepreneur and mother. A proponent of Self-shamanism, she is dedicated to creating grassroots systems that empower people to heal, live an authentic & free life and serve their communities to design social change.
A 5-time psychedelic entrepreneur, among Shiri’s organizations are the 501c-3 nonprofit PsychedeLiA Integration Los Angeles, and The Psyched Soul™ Academy – an integration coaching & business mastery certification program for emerging psychedelic leaders.
Her approach draws from transpersonal psychology, Eastern philosophy and shamanism, fusing ancient wisdom with modern practices for a ‘Psyched’ lifestyle.
In this episode, Shiri Malcolm Godasi and Beth Weinstein speak about…
- Shiri’s career in psychedelics was born from a heart opening MDMA experience that expanded her
awareness and revealed that she couldn’t continue living life from the “small shell” she grew up in
- The common thread in her previous work was creativity and a desire to nurture and connect with other
people, but she couldn’t find satisfaction and kept changing directions in search of her true soul medicine
- To be a high calibre integration coach you need to have gone deep in that process yourself over a significant period of time
- Shiri’s psychedelic integration coach training is really three programs in one: a personal integration healing journey, a professional coaching program, and a sacred business program
- She’s teaching people how to become leaders in their community and to create the change they want to see in the world
- Not enough is said about how potentially dangerous psychedelics are: as much as they can help heal and
manage psychological conditions, they can also cause them
- Shiri has started speaking publicly about her own challenges with mental health, which she feels in some
ways have been caused by her psychedelic use
- None of the organizations she’s created have been planned in her mind – she has a continually
transforming vision about the way she should live her life and serve – she gives herself permission to
keep changing so that she can stay in alignment with her truth
- Psychedelic integration is only one of many modalities that focus on returning to the self, self-ownership,
mindfulness and self-honoring
- There is a misconception that psychedelics are a magic bullet that will heal you and all of your trauma
- Because psychedelics are overhyped, they attract people desperate for healing and dealing with
circumstantial and personality aspects that actually predispose them to the risks of psychedelic use
- There isn’t a lot of medical screening, so one of the most important ways that integration coaches are
serving right now is as gatekeepers of harm reduction
- If you feel called to facilitate psychedelics, be aware that there’s a big difference between having good intentions and having a skill set
- There are many training opportunities, and it’s still the wild west – it’s your responsibility to acquire the
skillset to match your intentions
- You’re going to gain the most thriving and abundance by supporting people that make your heart sing –
find out who your soul mate clients are and focus on them
Links & Resources
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review HERE! My mission is to help as many people as possible to Share Their Unique Medicine, and when you leave a positive review, more people can find and learn from this podcast! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews”, then “Write a Review” and share what you liked. Thank you!