Will Siu, MD on The Path of a Psychedelic Psychotherapist: Episode 11, The Psychedelic Entrepreneur Podcast
Will Siu, MD, DPhil, completed medical and graduate school at UCLA and the University of Oxford, respectively, before completing his residency training at MGH and McLean Hospitals. He remained on faculty at Harvard for two years while an attending psychiatrist at McLean’s inpatient substance abuse treatment unit prior to moving to New York City to further pursue his interest in psychedelic medicine as a practitioner and public advocate through speaking, writing, and social media. Dr. Siu has been trained by MAPS to provide MDMA assisted psychotherapy and now maintains a private practice in Los Angeles. He has been working with ketamine in his practice for over 3 years. He also serves as an advisor to Bexson Biomedical and People Science. Will Siu is also a guest writer and speaker at Goop.
In this episode, Will Siu, MD and Beth Weinstein speak about…
- Will’s unlikely journey (and “late” start) into psychedelics
- The more authentic we can be – no matter what we are doing – the more we can inspire other to be the same
- Psychedelic healing doesn’t have to be medicalized – people outside of the medical space can bring powerful healing support
- Much of Will’s work is focused on the interface where we rub up against our patterns and how to grow our capacity to respond in healthy ways
- For some people the immediate need with psychedelic therapy is just to feel better – Will meets people where they are
- Our thoughts, words, and deeds – our moods, words, and actions – reflect how we manifest and how we change
- It’s so hard to know our soul’s true purpose in the face of all that has been programmed
- To pursue our true calling there needs to be some amount of safety – and yet no amount of money can protect us from existential pain
- Rock bottom – there has to be enough pain in order to make us willing to live life differently
Links & Resources
Follow Will on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/will.siu.md/
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review HERE! My mission is to help as many people as possible to Share Their Unique Medicine, and when you leave a positive review, more people can find and learn from this podcast! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews”, then “Write a Review” and share what you liked. Thank you!