Lauren Taus: Psychedelic Healing & Embodied Integration : Episode 15, The Psychedelic Entrepreneur Podcast
Lauren Taus is a psychotherapist with a specialty in psychedelic assisted therapies. As a clinician, Lauren integrates alternative modalities of treatment into her work. She focuses on embodied techniques to support integrative health in mind, body, heart, and spirit. Lauren has decades of experience as a yoga teacher and trainer that translate into therapies that support connection and kind relationship within the body. She studied with David Emerson under the supervision of Bessel van der Kolk at The Trauma Institute in Boston in trauma sensitive yoga, and she’s trained by the Multidisciplinary Association of Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) for MDMA assisted psychotherapy for complex PTSD. Lauren trained with Dr. Phil Wolfson in Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy.
Lauren supports psychedelic assisted therapy research with the intention to bring these types of interventions back into the Western mainstream model. Lauren believes that individual and collective healing are intimately intertwined. She is an activist and an advocate for a safer, more integrated world. Lauren is passionate about engaging with individuals and groups to create systemic healing and homecoming to the goodness that exists in all beings.
In this episode, Lauren Taus and Beth Weinstein speak about…
- How there’s nothing new about consciousness exploration
- The importance of psychedelic education for the uninitiated
- How ketamine has a shadow side – as do all psychedelic medicines
- How psychedelic therapy can help mitigate our suffering by ‘assisting’ us to open to our pain
- Integration as critical to psychedelic therapy – we all need outside feedback and help anchoring our work with psychedelics
- Healing in and through the body
How psychedelics help us embody our experience of ourselves and our lives
- Spirituality as a path of “de-scension” – of coming home to the body
- How our conditioning often cuts us off from our own magic
- Healing happening in relationship – most importantly in our relationship to ourselves
- Concerns as the field of psychedelic therapy widens – the need for careful, relational work
- The role of psychedelic healing in the context of the current global mental health pandemic
- The need for more trained therapists and emerging opportunities for training
Links & Resources
Lauren’s Websites:https://www.inbodiedlife.com/ and
check out her new Psychedelic Coalition for Health Symposium here
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review HERE! My mission is to help as many people as possible to Share Their Unique Medicine, and when you leave a positive review, more people can find and learn from this podcast! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews”, then “Write a Review” and share what you liked. Thank you!